Hi all! Sorry this is a little late but it is my first monthly wrap-up post, yay! I started this blog just over a month ago and I’m pretty satisfied with how it’s progressed so far, although there’s still quite a ways for me to go. Let’s get started with this!
Books I read:
- The Goddess Revolution by Mel Wells. 3/5 stars, review.
- Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang. 5/5 stars, review to come.
- The Roses of May by Dot Hutchinson. 5/5 stars, review.
- Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko. 3/5 stars, goodreads review.
- Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker. 5/5 stars, review to come.
Average rating: 4.2 stars.
Books read: 5.
Comments: It was a good month for good books! I rarely give out 5 stars so I was pretty #blessed in May for good reading. Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance and Emma in the Night aren’t going to be published for a bit, so I’ve scheduled my reviews for a week before their release dates! Follow and/or check back in to see what I have to say about them–hint, it’s almost entirely good things. 🙂
Reading Goal Progress:
25/35 books read in 2017.
My reading goal is almost always 50 books for the year and I’ve never hit it… so I decided to be a little generous with myself this year. I think I read 33 books in 2016, so I decided to shoot for 35. Looks like unless something goes terribly wrong, I’ll hit it! Let’s say 50 is my stretch goal. 🙂
Currently 11 books ahead of schedule for 35, and just a little ahead for 50! Things that have helped have included: using my commute to read eBooks on my kindle and having a consistent work schedule that allows for me to read more after work and on weekends! I’m hoping to pick up my pace a little more, but I’m still happy with how I’ve been doing.
June TBR: A tentative list, but here we go!
- Policing the Black Man by Angela J. Davis (currently reading)
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (currently reading)
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Aaaand, that’s a wrap(up)! How was May for all y’all? My favorite read of the month was probably Emma in the Night. What was yours?? And what are you looking forward to in June?