I saw this tag over on Wendy’s blog a little while back and it looked fun, so I decided I’d do it too!
1) How many books do you usually read at once?
I used to only read two or three books at a time (a physical book and an eBook, and sometimes another one thrown in), but lately I’ve been reading ~8 books at a time! I know it’s not for everyone, but it helps me read more because I can just swap out books when I start to lag a little.
2) If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch books?
I have a spreadsheet (which I got from Rachel) that keeps track of how far into each book I am. My “goal” is 3% of each book per day, so usually I’ll read 20-25 min (or more, if I’m really into it!) of a book and switch, unless I’m way behind. Then I’ll try to spend more time with that book.
3) Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re partway through a book?
Only if my first bookmark was something flimsy that feels like it’s going to fall out!
4) Where do you keep the book(s) you’re currently reading?
One in my bag, eBooks on my phone, and the rest stacked on the living room table.
5) What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
On a weekday, after work or on my bus ride to work in the morning. On a weekend, in the morning at a coffee shop.
6) How long do you typically read in one sitting?
It varies so wildly! I’d guess 50 pages, but that’s honestly a wild guess.
7) Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket on or off?
Off! Unless it’s a library book.
8) What position do you mainly use to read?
Sitting upright, with my legs curled under me.
9) Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
One of them, at least!
10) How often do you update your goodreads progress on the book you’re currently reading?
I used to try to do it once a day per book, but since I’m reading SO many books at once, that’s at least a handful of updates a day. At this point, I only update the progress right before I DNF something (so I know how far I got) or after I finish it.
I tag anyone who wants to do this tag!!