Thanks so much to Alyssa @ Queerly Texan for nominating me for The Liebster Award! Alyssa has a great blog that covers a lot of topics, ranging from chronic illness to queer issues and more!
What is your favorite thing about the city/state/country you live in?
I love how old and historical a lot of the areas within Boston feel. There are a lot of cobblestone streets. It’s such a nice city to wander around in and I love going for walks.
How do you come up with ideas for new blog posts?
Almost all of my posts are book reviews, but my other posts are usually tags or wrap-ups, almost entirely inspired by other bloggers!
What song means the most to you?
This answer can vary a lot, but I’d have to say Home by The Dear Hunter. I was in a really bad place when I heard them play it live for the first time and it hit me on a level that surprised me.
What was your favorite game to play as a child?
Any kind of make-believe game. I’d always pretend I was an animal, or some kind of adventurer in the woods.
What is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about you?
One time a small girl standing next to me pointed at me and said “WOW, you’re BEAUTIFUL” and it is probably one of the purest, most genuine compliments I have ever received.
What is a social justice cause you are passionate about?
There are several, but right now I’m working my hardest on learning more about racism, including how to fight against it as a white person.
Who is your favorite person to be around? And why?
One of my best friends, because he’s hilarious! He can always make me laugh and makes even the most otherwise inane days more fun.
Have you ever travelled abroad?
I live in the US and once I took a day trip to Tijuana, Mexico while visiting my great-grandmother in San Diego. I was about 12 then. My mom and I are going to Canada in a couple months, which will mark my second time ever out of the country. I actually only got my first passport for this trip, but I’m hoping now that I have a stable job and PTO that I’ll be able to plan a trip to Europe sometime in the next year or two.
What are you excited about this year?
Incredibly, we’re through almost four months of this year already! I’m really excited to go to FlameCon in NYC with a couple of friends in August and to go on my aforementioned trip with my mom. I’m also excited to go to a lot of baseball games this summer (I’ve been to two already this month!).
Would you ever want to be famous?
Only lowkey famous, like as a bookblogger maybe. I’m bad at confrontation and dealing with trolls (it’s hard for me to detach emotionally) and I know famous people deal with a lot of negative attention, as well as positive. I guess I’d like to have an influence and to be admired, but I also don’t want to live in a spotlight.
Rules for if you chose to accept the nomination:
• Write about it on your blog and thank the person who nominated you. Write about their blog too.
• Display the award on your blog.
• Nominate 5 or 10 blogs which you feel deserve it.
• Let the nominees know that you nominated them.
• Don’t forget to create 10 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do.
Questions for my nominees:
• What hobby would you get into if time, money, and energy weren’t an issue?
• How would you describe your “aesthetic?”
• What fictional universe (game/book/movie) would you most like to live in?
• What is your favorite thing about yourself?
• What is your favorite thing to introduce people to?
• What’s your favorite article of clothing you’ve owned?
• What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had?
• What fictional character do you relate to the most?
• What’s the last text you sent?
• Do you believe in any paranormal creatures?