- Quiet Rumours edited by Dark Star Collective. 5/5 stars, review.
- St. Lucy’s Home for Girls Raised by Wolves. 2/5, review.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. 3/5, review.
- The Summer Children by Dot Hutchison. 4/5 stars, review.
- Borne by Jeff VanderMeer. 3/5 stars, review.
- Unwifeable by Mandy Stadtmiller. 3/5 stars, review.
- Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao. I cared about the characters a lot, but the plot just wasn’t doing it for me and I felt like I was just sad for no reason.
- Devils Unto Dust by Emma Berquist. Everything felt really rushed at the start and I wasn’t getting invested in the plot or the characters.
- Never Stop Walking by Christina Rickardsson. Just wasn’t getting invested like I wanted to.
- History of Violence by Édouard Louis. The writing style didn’t work well with me.
- Asperger’s Children by Edith Sheffer. Unfortunately this was a lot more dry and dense than I was expecting and I couldn’t really get through it, even though the content seemed important.
Books read: 6
Books DNF’d: 5
Average Rating: 3.33 stars
- Gone Girl  directed by David Fincher. 2/5 stars.
- Mommy Dead and Dearest  directed by Erin Lee Car. 4/5 stars.
- Stardust  directed by Matthew Vaughn. 2.5/5 stars.
- Who Took Johnny  directed by David Beilinson & Suki Hawley. 3/5 stars.
- Mini-Review Compilation #5
- Down the TBR Hole #15
- The Mystery Blogger Award
- Down the TBR Hole #16
- Mini-Review Compilation #6
- Down the TBR Hole #17
- Akinator Genie Challenge
Notable Posts By Others:
- F/F Erasure in Fandom and Fanfiction by Natasha @ Cats and Paperbacks
Reading Goal Progress:
In May, I read 6 books, which puts me at a total of 35 books for the year. I’m 5 books ahead of schedule and at 47% of my reading goal for the year. 🙂
Monthly Photo Dump: