Okay, so I’d been doing Down the TBR Hole for quite some time and really loved it. BUT, it started to feel a bit like a chore, which is why I’d cut down on it. Luckily, Destiny decided to create a new similar-but-different feature that’s loads of fun called TBR Lows and Highs!
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation of why you removed it
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
Pornography: Men Possessing Women
I actually wrote a thesis-type paper during my senior year of college assessing pornography’s impact. It was interesting because I had gone into it with a more positive-steering-neutral view of porn, but after my research the paper itself was extremely anti-porn. With that background, I think y’all can understand why I’d find books about pornography interesting, but my one friend who has read this rated it meh, the description doesn’t give you much, and I think I can find something better to read instead.
When Houses Burn
I don’t remember how I added this, but I can be picky about thrillers and the blurb for this just doesn’t… thrill me.
Don’t get me wrong, I know Jon Krakauer is supposed to be great, but I have a pretty good idea of how the criminal justice system fails victims/survivors and I’d rather read something written by a woman on the topic.
I just… don’t think this sounds like my thing.
The Girl from the Well
The blurb doesn’t grab me and it has poor reviews from friends. Byeee.
Once and Forever
This one was featured in a weekly newsletter sent out by a local bookstore. Between the cover and the description, I thought it seemed like something I’d enjoy.
What Made Maddy Run
Someone on my GR timeline added this and I thought it sounded interesting.