Okay, so I’d been doing Down the TBR Hole for quite some time and really loved it. BUT, it started to feel a bit like a chore, which is why I’d cut down on it. Luckily, Destiny decided to create a new similar-but-different feature that’s loads of fun called TBR Lows and Highs!
She recently tweaked it a little bit, and I LOVE the tweak because I’ve been struggling to remove more and more stuff! Here is the new additional rule: I’d like y’all to pick ONE book from the “lows” that you think I should prioritize and I’ll add the top pick to my TBR ASAP shelf. So comment with your vote! 🙂
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now! (Thank you for this idea, Ari!)
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
A Guide to Being Born
Awayland was sort of middle-of-the-road for me, but I LOVE this cover and I love the description!
Dorothy Must Die
This one seems somewhat intriguing, I just haven’t managed to get around to it yet.
The Girl With All the Gifts
This one is definitely a “must read” for me. It sounds super interesting AND I want to read it before I see the movie.
I’m still a bit on the fence with this one, but still interested enough to keep it on the TBR.
The Lovely Bones
I know this one will be intense, but I’ve had people telling me to read it since middle school so I gotta!
So what do y’all think? Which of these should I prioritize reading next?
Hark! the Herald Angels Scream
Destiny reviewed this and I was immediately SOLD!
The Last & Loyalties
These were both on Rachel’s Anticipated 2019 Releases post and I thought they might be up my alley.
Another great review by Destiny prompted me to add this to my TBR!
Do You Have Kids?
This one just happened to pop up in my Goodreads feed, but as someone who plans to never have children, I find discussions on the subject to be quite interesting!