I was inspired by Charlotte’s recent posts to try this. If you don’t follow Charlotte, I highly recommend you do! She shares a lot of queer lit and is half of the team over at Reads Rainbow (which you should ALSO follow).
I’ve tried several TBR memes before, but I like the idea of ranking books with a numerical system! This first post is just going to be playing around a bit. Charlotte rates books based on how motivated she is to read it (1-5) multiplied by how interested she is in the premise (1-5).
I plan to start by using a similar system: priority (1-5) + interest in blurb (1-5) + average friend rating on GR (1-5) / 3. I’ll check out the final result and make my decision from there. I’m not going to make any hard rules, but my guess is a score of 3+ is good enough to stay. Very high ratings will get put on my tbr asap shelf. If none of my friends have rated the book, then I’ll exclude the friends’ ratings and only divide by 2.
- Bad Feminist
- Priority, 3. Interest, 5. Friends’ Ratings, 4.
- Score: 4, keep.
- Are You My Mother?
- Priority, 1. Interest, 2. Friends’ Ratings, 3.5.
- Score: 2.17, remove for now.
- Kissing the Witch
- Priority, 2. Interest, 4. Friends’ Ratings, 4.
- Score: 3.33, keep.
- Priority, 1. Interest, 3. Friends’ Ratings, 4.
- Score: 2.67, remove.
- Priority, 2. Interest, 4. Friends’ Ratings, n/a.
- Score: 3, keep.
- A Guide to Being Born
- Priority, 4. Interest, 5. Friends’ Ratings, 4.33.
- Score: 4.44, keep & tbr asap.
- Dorothy Must Die
- Priority, 2. Interest, 3.5. Friends’ Ratings, 3.84.
- Score: 3.11, keep.
- The Girl With All the Gifts
- Priority, 4. Interest, 3.5. Friends’ Ratings, 4.14.
- Score: 3.88, keep.
- Raptor Red
- Priority, 2.5. Interest, 4. Friends’ Ratings, n/a.
- Score: 3.25, keep.
- The Lovely Bones
- Priority, 2. Interest, 4. Friends’ Ratings, 3.26.
- Score: 3.09, keep.
TBR at Start: 1282 (lolll help me)
TBR Now: 1280
Ooookay so I only removed two books BUT I moved a third to my tbr asap list. All in all, that’s 3 out of 10 books reprioritized. I found this fun, so I’ll probably keep with it. Let me know if any of you decide to try Charlotte’s reorganizing as well, I’d like to see how it works for others. 🙂