I was inspired by Charlotte’s recent posts to try this. If you don’t follow Charlotte, I highly recommend you do! She shares a lot of queer lit and is half of the team over at Reads Rainbow (which you should ALSO follow).
I’ve tried several TBR memes before, but I like the idea of ranking books with a numerical system! This first post is just going to be playing around a bit. Charlotte rates books based on how motivated she is to read it (1-5) multiplied by how interested she is in the premise (1-5).
I plan to start by using a similar system: priority (1-5) + interest in blurb (1-5) + average friend rating on GR (1-5) / 3. I’ll check out the final result and make my decision from there. I’m not going to make any hard rules, but my guess is a score of 3+ is good enough to stay. Very high ratings will get put on my tbr asap shelf. If none of my friends have rated the book, then I’ll exclude the friends’ ratings and only divide by 2.
- Romeo and/or Juliet
- Priority, 1. Interest, 3. Friends’ Ratings, 3.
- Score: 2.33, remove.
- Priority, 2. Interest, 2. Friends’ Ratings, 3.29.
- Score: 2.43, remove.
- Priority, 2. Interest, 3. Friends’ Ratings, 4.06.
- Score: 3.02, keep.
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- Priority, 3. Interest, 3. Friends’ Ratings, 4.17.
- Score: 3.39, keep.
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
- Priority, 2. Interest, 3. Friends’ Ratings, 4.07.
- Score: 3.02, keep.
- History of Madness
- Priority, 2. Interest, 3. Friends’ Ratings, 5.
- Score: 3.33, keep.
- Pure Magic
- Priority, 1. Interest, 1. Friends’ Ratings, n/a.
- Score: 1, remove annd possibly the lowest rating I’ll ever get lmao.
- Rape is Rape
- Priority, 2. Interest, 4. Friends’ Ratings, n/a.
- Score: 3, keep.
- Saving Sammy
- Priority, 2. Interest, 3. Friends’ Ratings, n/a.
- Score: 2.5, remove.
- The Princess Saves Herself in This One
- Priority, 2. Interest, 3. Friends’ Ratings, 3.81.
- Score: 2.94, remove.
TBR at Start of Series: 1282 (lolll help me)
TBR Now: 1391 (welp)
I managed to remove five whole books today! As you can see, though, I’ve added some since the last time I did this. Let me know if any of you decide to try Charlotte’s reorganizing as well, I’d like to see how it works for others. 🙂