Hi friends! I had a really nice reading month. I’ve decided to stop using the term “reading slump” and to instead refer to it as a “change in interests.” For a while now I’ve been much more interested in video games than reading — which is totally fine! I missed reading a lot, but I’ve been having a lot of fun playing games with friends, and on my own. This month my interests shifted back to reading and I’ve been having a blast blowing through books again. Now I’m missing video games, but they just aren’t capturing my interest at the moment so I’m not forcing it. October went by in a flash and my most notable event has been getting a new tattoo! So check out my little October album at the bottom if you wanna see that. 🙂
- Stay With Me by Ayọ̀bámi Adébáyọ̀. 3.5 stars.
- The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik. 3.5 stars, review.
- A Court of Wings and Fury by Sarah J Maas. 4 stars, review.
- A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers. 4 stars, review.
- The Dead and the Dark by Courtney Gould. 4 stars, review.
- The House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman. 4 stars, review.
- The Lost Village by Camilla Sten (transl. Alexandra Fleming). 3 stars, review.
- Investing Is Your Superpower by Shinobu Hindert. 3.5 stars, review.
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas. 3.5 stars.
Books read: 9 books
Average rating: 3.67 stars
- TV Shows:
- 9-1-1 Season 2 Eps 9, 12, 16. Season 3 Ep 7.
- Criminal Minds, Season 7 Ep 5.
- Great British Bake Off, Season 9 Ep 1.
- Sex Education, Season 1 Ep 2
- Squid Game, Season 1 Ep 1.
- Midnight Mass, review.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race, Season 3 Eps 1-8.
- Who Is the Bad Art Friend? by Robert Kolker
- I Lived Through Collapse. America Is Already There. by indi.ca
- Is It Cold In The Water? by Tess Scilipoti