While I read more books that I liked in 2021 than in 2020, I read fewer books that I loved. Which is a shame, but that’s how things go sometimes. Listen, I did not start out the year thinking that an SJM book would be my top book of the year AND my only five-star (non-reread) read of the year, but 2021 was a lot, okay? Anyway, let me know what you thought about these books — and please share your top books of the year posts so I can read better books next year!
5. House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland – incredibly inventive, well-written YA horror
4. Devolution by Max Brooks – gritty bigfoot survival story; yes, bigfoot
3. Cool for the Summer by Dahlia Adler – YA romance inspired by Demi Lovato’s song that discusses compulsory heterosexuality? yes
2. No One is Talking About This by Patricia Lockwood – this just hit very, very hard
1. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas – idk i can’t read suddenly… anyway, don’t come at me this was SO GOOD and I needed the distraction