September was another great reading month, in terms of quantity if not quite quality. I felt like the month flew by (faster than the others!), but I moved to a new apartment, which took up quite a bit of time and energy. I’m getting settled in to my new neighborhood and I love it! I also applied to grad school for Spring 2020 admit and should be hearing back within the next month or so. Fingers crossed! If I get into the program I want, I’m sure my blogging will both slow down and get some new topics thrown in, so be prepared.
- Aquarium by David Vann. 4.5 stars, review.
- Rebel Girls by Elizabeth Keenan. 2 stars, review.
- The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith. 3 stars, review.
- The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie. 4 stars, review.
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng. 4 stars, review.
- The Wolves of Winter by Tyrell Johnson. 3.5 stars, review.
- Pet by Akwaeke Emezi. 4 stars, review.
- The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 2: Fandemonium by Kieron Gillen; Jamie McKelvie; Matt Wilson; Clayton Cowles. 2.5 stars, link.
- Buddhism Without Beliefs by Stephen Batchelor. 2 stars, review.
- Sick: A Memoir by Porochista Khakpour. 2.5 stars, review.
- How Doctors Feel by Danielle Ofri, MD, PhD. 4 stars, review.
Books read: 11 books
Average rating: 3.27 stars (eep)
- TV Shows:
- Barry, Season 1 Eps 2-8.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Season 1 Eps 2-12.
Notable Posts by Others:
- Genie in a Novel shares some great reasons for using a book journal.
- Bina shows us 30 books being released by WOC in September
- Kal teaches us how headings work in WordPress (I didn’t know they mattered for anything except visuals!)
- Ren shares the dates and themes for Nonfiction November!
- Gemma writes an incredibly good review for Midsommar.
My Month in Photos: