- Normal People by Sally Rooney. 5 stars, review.
- Your Tarot Court by Ethony Dawn. 4 stars, review.
- Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi. 5 stars, review.
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. 5 stars, review.
- The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker. 3 stars, review.
- The Vanishing Season by Dot Hutchison. 2 stars, review.
- Delay, Don’t Deny by Gin Stephens. 4 stars, review.
Books read: 7
Average rating: 4 stars
- John Wick . 3.5 stars. Fun shooty guns.
- John Wick: Chapter 2 . 3.5 stars. Yeah, I got into John Wick this month.
- John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum . 3 stars. YEAH, I got into John Wick this month. 😂
- Detective Pikachu . 3.5 stars. Not an objectively good movie, but loads of fun as a Pokemon fan!
- Game of Thrones, Season 8. I don’t even want to discuss it.
- Law & Order: SVU, Season 14 Ep 7 – Season 15 Ep 17. Hmm maybe sharing how much SVU I’m watching will motivate me to watch less, HA.
- Killing Eve, Season 1 Ep 1. This has come highly recommended so I’m excited to watch it!
- The Bachelorette, Season 15 Eps 1-3. There’s a bar in Somerville that airs this weekly, so I got caught up and went with my friend. It’s my first season of any Bach show and it is… quite interesting. 😂
Notable Posts by Others:
- Rachel 100% nails the issues I had with Praise Song.
- Ally explains how the book community can sometimes go a bit too far.
- Naty discusses WHY the Women’s Prize shortlist is such a disappointment.
- Rachel also does a great job discussing the disappointment that is the Women’s Prize shortlist.
- Ally shares the different types of book reviewers you’ll see. Which are you?
- Katie skillfully tackles why a recent post about girls with swords on book covers was Bad.
- Steff explains how to become a beta reader and what it involves.
- Gabrielle continues to ask why men just won’t let women BE at sports games.
- Kristin shares some great books that are under 200 pages.
My Month in Photos: